WHAT WE BELIEVE
- The Scriptures are true, authoritative and sufficient.
- There is only one true God, Creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- All things exist for the glory of God.
- All humanity—Christ excluded—is sinful by both birth and action.
- The deserved penalty for sin is physical and spiritual death.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully human.
- Jesus Christ died as the sacrificial substitute to pay the penalty for sin.
- Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and will one day physically return.
- Individuals were created to exist forever. They will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or in union with God by grace through faith. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally with God is heaven. Heaven and hell are places of eternal existence.
- Only through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ and repentance from sin can one be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy.
- Since God gives eternal life through Christ, the believer is secure in that salvation forever. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the efforts of the believer.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you first arrive at Bono Baptist Church you will be greeted by a member. If you come at 9:30AM you will be directed to a Sunday School Class that best fits your stage of life.
- 2's & 3's
- 1st-3rd Grades
- 4th-6th Grades
- Youth 7th-12th Grades
- Ruth Class (Women)
- Young Adults
- Senior Adult
After Sunday School, we meet in the sanctuary for our worship service at 10:45AM. We praise God with our voices through music and singing. We sing traditional hymns and contemporary christian music. After the song service we open the word of God under the preaching of Bro. Will Russell. You will hear the truth of God's word and be encouraged by the gospel of Jesus Christ. (Nursery is available)
On Sunday evening we meet at 6:00PM for another time of worship through preaching and song.
Our Wednesday evening services begin at 6:00PM with our AWANA children's classes (see AWANA under ministries tab for more info). Awana's meets during the school year. In the summer the kids have "Summer Surprises". Our Youth also meet at 6:15PM for a time of worship and bible study. At 7:00PM our Adults meet in the sanctuary for bible study and prayer.